This Bok Choy was Rodney's tasty side to our Spicy Shiitake & Edamame Soba Noodles last night. I had no hand in them but can attest to their yumminess. They're sweet and crunchy, and also quite pretty!
Ingredients:1 head bok choy
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
Few tablespoons hoisin sauce*
1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
2. While the water is coming to a boil, slowly saute the garlic in oil over low heat until it is really soft but not burnt.
3. Blanch the bok choy until the leaves are wilted but still crunchy.
4. Drain the bok choy and arrange them on a plate. Spoon the garlic on then drizzle with hoisin.
* Although "Hoisin" literally means "seafood," it's totally vegan and is made from soybeans, garlic, vinegar, and chili peppers. You can find gluten-free hoisin (Premier Japan wheat-free hoisin sauce) if you have a wheat allergy.
Bonus:Bok choy is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, dietary fiber, potassium and vitamin B6, antioxidants, beta-carotene, folic acid, and iron.