Bit-O-Honey, Mary Janes, and Sesame Candy. All some of my favorite classic penny candy but in no way good for you (says girl who just dragged 2 year old to spectate second dentist appointment this month). If you want a sweet bite in the afternoon, or need a treat to sneak in your kids school bags this is it. Nutty, creamy, and just enough natural sugar to make you feel happy inside.
Ps. I made it through last night's TV feeling satisfied. What did you think of the red carpet and poor Edith (spoiler)?
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon molasses
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup tahini
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup wheat germ
1. Toast the coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and wheat germ in a 300 F oven until lightly browned.
2. Mix the tahini and peanut butter together until smooth.
3. Heat the maple syrup, honey, and molasses to a rolling boil. Let it boil hard for 5 minutes; then remove from heat.
5. Add the toasted dry ingredients and mix well.
7. Cool and cut into triangles or bars before it is completely hardened.
8. Store on the counter under plastic or wrap pieces up in parchment paper.